Monday, June 21, 2010

I want a burger ...


I love a good burger. And I am especially fond of them in the summer when we have lots of BBQs to throw. But one of the things to know about me is that I am quite health conscious too. I’m not super crazy about it but I like to make choices that support a healthy lifestyle. So, what’s a girl to do when she wants a burger? Go buffalo. It’s got great flavor and is healthier than ground beef (even the lean variety). I get it the 96% lean bison from Whole Foods. I love that place. Its my version of heaven on Earth. And the shocking thing is that it was only .20 cents more/lb. than the beef option. Hopefully the picture looks just as yummy as it tasted because it was delish! Oh, and notice that I also made garlic fries - baked of course!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

5 comments:

  1. Ummm... can I get a mention? Especially since I was the one doing the grillin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy Kelly (and Dan)! Can we have your recipe for garlic fries?

    P.S. Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure! They are easy to throw together. Here's how:

    For 2 servings, cut 2 medium potatoes lengthwise. Use a small pour of olive oil just to coat the fries slightly – probably about a 1/2 to 1 full tablespoon. Sprinkle generously with parsley – fresh or dried. Add another generous sprinkle of dehydrated onion. Add 3-4 cloves of crushed garlic depending upon how much you like garlic. Bake at 415 degrees for 45 minutes and turn them about every 15 minutes. Finish cooking with about 2-3 minutes under the broiler to crisp them up just before serving. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'm going to look around for buffalo. The closest Whole Foods I know of is Bellevue, but I'll be looking around! Sounds delish...as do those fries!

    tammy

    ReplyDelete