Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Boozy Berries


In celebration of the summertime fruits currently filling the produce section of the grocery store, I was inspired to make a healthy and fruity dessert. And really, who doesn’t like a little adult beverage twist to a healthy snack?

The recipe – (I acknowledge the loose use of the word here) - is very easy. It’s as follows:

Fresh berries of choice, thinly sliced
Dessert wine, chilled
Low-fat, organic vanilla yogurt
Lime zest

Layer the berries in a clear drinking glass or container, drizzle berries with dessert wine and chill. When ready to serve, place dollop of yogurt on top of fruit layers and garnish with lime zest. Serve chilled.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

5 comments:

  1. P.S. Credit goes to my friend, Emily, who used her love for alliteration in naming my dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do love the name... hehe

    i don't drink any type of booze but i would make it for my friends... they would love this dessert! ;)

    -abeer @ www.cakewhiz.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh I always love an adult twist to berries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try this....once it stops raining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for checking out my post Sarah and Connie. I hope you get to enjoy your own Boozy Berries soon. :)

    ReplyDelete