Monday, June 27, 2011

Crunchy granola




For those who like to rise and dine – I’ve never been one to skip breakfast – this crunchy, cinnamony granola has made my summer mornings a treat.

9 cups rolled oats
2 cups sliced almonds
2 ½ cups rice cereal
3 tbs. flax seed
4 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp maple flavoring
1 cup honey

Mix thoroughly and bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Makes 25, ½ cup servings.

I’ve been mixing my granola with non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt and fresh berries. It’s the perfect healthy breakfast to keep me full all morning. Yum!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

2 comments:

  1. Oh, ya. I definitely eat my granola with berries, and I never skip breakfast. That's about the worst thing I could do for myself in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly.
    I am new to food blogging. found your blog through food buzz. granola is my favourite breakfast and I also make it at home. Love to eat my granola with yogurt and all types of berries.

    Balvinder

    ReplyDelete