Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Celebrating a mother-to-be friend


My dear friend, Melissa, is pregnant and expecting a baby very soon. Melissa is one of my best friends and I am so excited for her as she is about to become a first-time momma.

Selfishly, I am looking forward to her having the little guy soon so I can hold him! :)

This weekend, my other friend and I got to honor Melissa by throwing her a baby shower. Our shower had all the festive ingredients you would expect from a baby shower – decorations, friends, food and ‘oohing and aahing’ as she opened gifts and help up teeny-tiny onesies. Simply adorable.

Even 8 months pregnant, Melissa is a health-conscious gal so we happily planned the menu accordingly.

Mixed Greens Salad
with toasted almonds, craisins and feta cheese

Fruit Kebabs

Mediterranean Sandwich
with grilled balsamic chicken, provolone, pesto and artichoke hearts

It was wonderful to celebrate with you friend! Can’t wait to meet the little one!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

2 comments:

  1. A delicious menu you both created :)

    ReplyDelete