Friday, April 6, 2012

Popcorn Friday: Party Time Popcorn Balls


I've been loving these Popcorn Fridays! It's so much fun to get creative in the kitchen!

This week, I changed things up by getting sweet with popcorn. These party time popcorn balls are coated in marshmallow - much like a rice krispie treat!

I made two versions for my gathering. For the adults, I added cinnamon for a more grown-up flavor. For the kiddos, its all about the sprinkles!

Party Time Popcorn Balls
Ingredients: *Yield 6
1/3 c. white kernel popcorn
1 & 1/2 tbs. canola oil
1 tbs. butter
2 c. mini marshmallows
1/2 tsp. cinnamon OR 2 tbs. rainbow sprinkles

Directions:
1. Heat oil in medium pot on medium heat to medium-high heat.
2. Add popcorn kernels and stir until covered with oil. Cover with lid and without removing from heat, shake pot occasionally. Pop corn until popping slows to near stop. Remove from heat.
3. In a large pot, melt butter on medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and stir occasionally until completely melted.
4. Reduce heat to lowest setting. Add popped corn to large pot and mix until well-coated.
5. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with desired additions (cinnamon, sprinkles, chocolate chips, peanuts).
6. Remove from heat and using hands (carefully) or Popcorn Ball Maker, form popcorn balls. Set on parchment paper to cool.


Happy partying!
Related Posts with Thumbnails

3 comments:

  1. The finished product is a cute popcorn ball. My kids would love this recipe. I bought a popcorn machines for sale and made several popcorn recipes that my kids go crazy about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maia, thanks for stopping by. I hope your kiddos enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure children would love to eat those popcorn balls because it's nice-looking. Just make sure they brush their teeth well after eating those so they don't have to visit the cosmetic dentist in Marietta because of toothaches.

    ReplyDelete