Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dine & Dish: Hey There, Cupcake

I ordered cupcakes for a holiday party I was hosting. I opted for the mini cupcakes for an easy, eat while mingling, treat. On the dessert menu were the Naughty or Nice and Candy Cane Lane cupcakes. The mini size invited me to taste both flavors.


The cleverly named Candy Cane Lane cupcake was a chocolate and peppermint cake with buttercream frosting. It was garnished lightly with a dusting of candy cane pieces - a simple, yet attentive decoration. The cupcake was strong with peppermint flavor and embodied the holiday spirit.

The Naughty or Nice cupcake was a gingerbread cake with cream cheese frosting. Not being a fan of frosting in general, I prefer cream cheese frostings for the less sweet taste as compared to a buttercream. This frosting satiated my need for sweet and was velvety smooth. The gingerbread was my favorite because of the cake's moistness and gingerbread cookie decoration. I enjoyed the cookie on its own, almost as a starter to the cupcake. It was wonderfully gingery and sweet. I’d like to order a whole box of the gingerbread cookies!


Final word on Hey, There Cupcake … Moist, elegant cupcakes delivered to your door. Party hosting can't get much sweeter than that.

Need a bigger helping?:
Hey There, Cupcake
Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 comment:

  1. They sound delicious! I LOVE cream cheese frosting...but I love frosting! Thanks for sharing and they look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete